Home About us China info Life in China Newsletter FAQ SCIC Travel Contact us Link
SCIC Programs
 Language (Mandarin)
 Chinese Calligraphy
 Chinese Medicine
 Tai Chi & Kung Fu
 Musical Instruments
 Cooking Course
 Business in China
 Chinese Dance
 Chinese Acrobatics
 Universities in China
 Study & Travel
 Dates & Fees
 How to apply
 Contact us


2015New SCIC Study Courses in China, study Chinese Language, Martial Arts, take part in optional cultural courses: Calligraphy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Traditional Musical Instruments, Chinese Cooking and many more...

Social Activities
Cultural Workshops
China Tours & Travel
  Beijing: (8610)-8472 2674
London: (020)-3239 0099
  New York: -347 410 5055
Sydney: (02)-8006 4588
Study FAQ°Įs  
When should I apply for the program? Can I arrange accommodations for additional days?
What are requirements of application? Can I open a bank account in China?
What are the accommodation options? How can I get access to the Internet?
How large is in each program? Where can I do laundry?
Do I need vaccinations for the study? How much do meals cost daily in Beijing?
What should I pack?  
When should I apply for the program?
You should make your application three months before the program starts. The deadline for each program can be found on Dates & Fees. The application forms can be downloaded on how to apply. To avoid disappointment early booking is advised. We except late applications if we still have places available and there will be a small amount of additional fees for this service.
What are requirements of application?
In good health.
In good attitude
18 to 60 years old (for long term)
Have completed high school (for long term)
For exceptions, please contact us at info@scic-beijing.com .
How large is in each program?
Our study programs usually contain a minimum of 3 people and a maximum number of 20. The size of the program is dependent on the dates and program chosen.
What type of visa I need?
All people to China require a passport and visa, Participants attending short term programs, up to 12 weeks, or semester programs are required to have an F (study) visa. Academic year students are required to have an X visa. Visas are issued by a PRC Embassy or Consulate in your home country. An Invitation Letter and Admission Notice are required to obtain a visa. These documents are provided by SCIC when enrollment has been completed and Total Program Fees paid.
Do I need vaccinations for the Program?
The following vaccinations and applicable frequencies are recommended for students coming to China: Hepatitis A (within previous 10 years); Hepatitis B (within previous 5 to 10 years), Japanese B Encephalitis (within previous 3 years); Tetanus (within previous 10 years); Polio (within previous 10 years); and Typhoid (once in lifetime). Students 55 and older should also have a Pneumococcal Vaccine.
Short trips of less than 90 days generally do not require vaccinations. Please consult your GP for further advice. .
What should I pack?
Your best option is to pack light, because China is good place for shopping and you will bring many things back from China. Today you can find almost any product and brand that you would find at home in Beijing. Soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. are all readily available. Clothing is also plentiful and very inexpensive. Shoes are available, but larger sizes are hard to find. For special occasions you may wish to dress up but smart casual will suffice. The type of garments you bring will depend on the time of year you visit China. It is also best to pack sufficient medication, etc.
How much do meals cost daily in Beijing?
The canteens on campus offer single dish meals with rice for as little as 5 RMB (US$.60) per meal. Chinese restaurants on campus and in the local area offer meals for 10 - 20 RMB (US$2-4) per person. Western restaurants cost between 50 and 100 RMB (US$6 - 12) per person per meal.
Where can I do laundry?
Laundry services are available for guest in the hotel. There are also Laundromats located nearby, which provide laundering, ironing, and dry cleaning services. Laundry service is also available on campus for students living there.
Can I open a bank account in China?
Yes, you can open a bank account during your study period in China. Our staff will be happy to assist you in this after your arrival
Can I get access to the Internet?
Internet cafes are available everywhere in Beijing. Fees are around 2 - 5 RMB per hour, often drinks and snacks are available within the cafe. If you have your own laptop, most hotel rooms (3 star and above) have internet connectivity. There are also many cafes and bars which offer wireless connection.
Can I arrange accommodations for additional days?
Yes, But you must notify SCIC at least 1 month in advance of arrival and SCIC will make your accommodation reservation beginning on the day you designate. Please note that you will be responsible for payment of accommodation, meals and other fees for any additional days outside of your program. We will also help arrange any additional accommodations following your study if you require.
Mandarin Study I Chinese Medicine (TCM) I Chinese Martial Arts I Calligraphy & Brush Painting I Business in China Musical Instruments I Chinese Cooking
Business Study I Study & Travel I Dates & Fees I How to Apply I Contact us I China Info I Newsletters I Links
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the SCIC-Beijing User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Copyright 2003 - 2010. All Rights Reserved to SCIC-Beijing
SCIC Travel   SCIC Study   SCIC Martial Arts   SCIC Sports